Thursday, October 20, 2011

Re-purpose your wine, liquor, and soda bottles!

Any glass bottle can be re-purposed into fun home decor!  I save glass beer, wine, liquor, and soda bottles and turn them into pretty vases and table decorations!  Rinse them well and make sure they are nice and dry.  It is nice to collect different colors, shapes and sizes, too.  You can spray them with quick coat of paint, use a little hot glue and rope to wrap them, or just remove the label and leave them alone!  Pretty green wine bottles look great this way! I like to use them to hold fake flowers.


I love how this green wine bottle "vase" came out!
I just applied removeable stickers before spraying with cream,
then a little silver paint to give it a pearlized effect! Remove stickers and, Voila!

I slid this one into some mesh from a sack of clementines
and gave it a quick spray for a pretty design!

Rope from Home Depot was all I needed
to jazz up this empty bottle of gin!

I've even seen these crafted into "chandeliers" or converted with a light kit into a lamp in home furnishing catalogs! Now, I'd love to try that!
chandelier from
Pottery Barn
Next time you pop open a bottle of wine or a soda, save that bottle to start your collection and see what YOU come up with!  Most of all, have fun!

-D.

1 comment:

  1. I admit.. I have a lot Moscato Wine bottles and often feel bad throwing them out because I think.. well this would be cute with some lights inside. Do you think there is a way to drill a small opening near the bottom to pull the lights through so the plug can go to the wall?

    ReplyDelete