Thursday, November 10, 2011

Double-sided tape is your friend!


One of my favorite craft supply staples is double-sided Scotch tape!  This stuff comes in handy for a variety of projects and requires zero drying time, unlike its ugly cousin, Elmer's glue!  The paper doesn't ripple, your fingers don't end up covered in nasty, peeling glue balls, and your project can be completed in just a few minutes.  Anything that can save me time and/or frustration is a clear choice!  I don't know how I ever lived without it!

I can't tell you how many times I have used this sticky life-saver to whip up a quick greeting card and got it in the box before the mailman came! (AND it arrived in time for that special someone's birthday, thank you very much!)  Just fold a piece of cardstock in half, rip a couple short pieces of tape, stick it here, stick it there, attach a pretty piece of patterned scrapbook paper.  Repeat.  Add some fun alphabet accent stickers if you've got them!  Write a quick personalized note inside, slide it into an envelope, stamp it, and hurry, run to the mailbox!  Done!


Another great use - dress up a recycled or plain gift bag.  Let me explain.  I have about 1,000 gift bags in my closet.  I just can't throw them away!  As a believer of  "more is more," sometimes I'm not quite satisfied with the bag's design.  That is when I bust out my tape, embellishments, and get to work!  You can also turn a recycled shopping bag or a plain white bag into something pretty.  Cut out some fancy paper and use it to cover the logo or whatever is printed on the bag, if necessary.  Use your imagination!  You can use fabric flowers or cut out paper flowers, petals, leaves, or just a few long strips and stick them using the tape. You've saved a few bucks on a gift bag that will probably get thrown away anyway (unless I'm the recipient ;) ) and you've personalized it!  I bet you even get a compliment or two!

Before, this was a boring old, reused bag...

After, it became a festive, personalized, birthday bag!


Of course, last, but not least...scrapbook pages!  You can quickly scrap a page during baby's nap or commercial breaks.  This stuff is great!  It will hold down photos, layers of paper, fabric, bows, ribbon, glitter....you name it!

There are a million more uses, which you'll soon discover, and once you start, I know you'll find yourself reaching for that handy little dispenser just as often as I do!

~D.

No comments:

Post a Comment